Since we have been on the ketogenic diet we have found that it is much easier to stick to our routine and avoid eating meals out if we meal prep each Sunday, and our favorite snack to cook in advance is keto-friendly sausage balls.
These little balls of goodness have been a staple in our diet since we started keto in October. They are cheesy, have a beautiful golden brown crispy crust, are moist, and are packed with flavor. Hell, they are so delicious I even crave them during the times we’re taking a break from keto — they truly are the best grab-and-go snack.
It has been awhile since we’ve had them, but we just made a batch to get us through the week ahead and I thought I would share the recipe with you.
Keto Sausage Balls
- 2 large eggs
- 2 lbs. breakfast sausage
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. Kerrygold Salted Pure Irish Butter
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add all ingredients to large bowl and mix until well combined
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out sausage mixture and use your hands to roll into 30-40 sausage balls (yield will vary depending on size of balls)
- Place sausage balls on ungreased baking sheet
- Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through
Store sausage balls in refrigerator.